American Lake located in Lakewood Washington has an expanding infestation of Eurasian Watermilfoil (EWM). This plant is listed on the Washington State Noxious Weed List because of the potential impacts it has on beneficial uses of the states waters. These impacts include interference with recreation and boating, posing a threat to swimmers and degradation of the environment.
The City of Lakewood has obtained a grant from the Washington Department of Ecology to develop an Integrated Aquatic Vegetation Management Plan for the lake. This web site will keep the community updated on the progress of this planning work.
The Steering Committee members are:
American Lake Integrated Aquatic Vegetation Management Plan Stakeholder Committee:
1) Greg Vigoren City of Lakewood Project Lead Staff
2) Amber Martens Joint Base Lewis McChord
3) David Clouse Joint Base Lewis McChord
5) Conrad Wilson Veterans Affairs
6) Lisa Woodings Veterans Affairs
7) Elizabeth Murphy Camp Murray
8) Rowena Valencia-Gica Camp Murray
9) David Anderson American Lake resident
10) Don Russell American Lake resident
11) Janet Spingath American Lake resident
12) Kurt Spingath American Lake resident
Project Support Consultant, Terry McNabb, Aquatechnex (Aquatic Plant Mapping, Aquatic Plant Management Expert)